Your gift to Oakland University makes a difference to student achievement and provides a meaningful and valuable resource for students and faculty.
Reasons to give to Oakland University:
- You value changing the lives of OU students by making the maximum amount of scholarship support available to them
- You are grateful for the education that you received at Oakland and want to give something back
- You understand that tuition only covers two-thirds of the costs associated with providing a personal, high-quality OU education, and want to maintain the level of excellence associated with an OU degree
- You recognize that your gift leverages assistance from corporations and foundations, which often factor in the support of alumni and friends into their own funding decisions
- You wish to celebrate a family member or friend who believes in OU’s mission and vision, by contributing in his or her honor
Your gift of $25 could support:
- goggles, crucibles, thermometers, microscope bulbs and lab coats for students in the School of Health Sciences, School of Nursing and the School of Medicine
- student foreign travel through the Global Initiatives and International Studies program
- the purchase of a tank of liquid nitrogen to be used for teaching and research
Your gift of $50 could support:
- flu vaccinations for OU students through the Graham Health Center
- our commitment to remaining one of Michigan's safest college campuses
- rock salt to keep our sidewalks clear and safe
- the Bear Bus which provides Oakland University students, faculty and staff safe, reliable access to the OU campus and surrounding community
Your gift of $100 could support:
- a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for a Department of Music, Theatre and Dance (MTD) student, to attend the OU Summer Band Intensive.
- resources that bring the world to our students—like new audio and video software for the Language Lab/Media Corridor in the Department of Modern Languages and Literatures.
- an opportunity for School of Business Administration students to participate in the Applied Technology in Business (ATiB) program.
Your gift of $500 could support:
- a busy graduate student to help pay for tuition while juggling time for research, teaching, and studying. Financial support for even one class hour has a huge impact!
- counseling students and faculty to continue offering no cost personal and career counseling to a number of OU students, faculty, staff and our surrounding community at the School of Education and Human Services Counseling Center.
- an academically talented Michigan high school graduate to attend OU on a $5,000 Distinguished Scholar Award!
- a family by providing tuition for a child with an Autism Spectrum Disorder to attend OUCARES summer camp.
Your gift of $1,000 could support:
- a scholarship for an undergraduate student in any department of the arts and sciences
- funding for OU to attract exceptional visiting artists, scholars, and practitioners from around the world
- a one-year subscription to a scientific journal or research periodical
- well maintained athletic fields by providing necessary resources for the Grounds and Athletic departments